top of page

Freedom 515 - Illinois

Public·139 members

HDBest Of Stand-Up 2022

Updated March 27, 2022, by Tom Bowen: Building the perfect Blitzball team requires a lot of time and patience. Certain players start out slow and then come into their own at higher levels, while the relevance of others can wither away the more experienced they and the team around them become. Worse still, a lot of the very best Blitzball players in Final Fantasy X start the game contracted to other teams; meaning that players may have to wait a while before being able to recruit them. Thankfully, there are plenty of great stop-gap Blitzballers who can keep teams winning while players wait for the top talent to become available or experienced enough.

HDBest of Stand-Up 2022

Whether John Wilson is learning to make the perfect risotto or why cities need scaffolding, his charming DIY documentary series is bound to make you smile. Honestly, in 2022, is there a better recommendation than that?

The free Comedy Central app has a surprisingly robust amount of content, making it one of the best Apple TV apps. It features a slew of stand-up specials and gives you access to some of the network's best series, like South Park and The Daily Show. There is also some short-form content you'll want to check out.

But try as they might, Drobo has failed to shake the bad reputation that was, to a large extent, created during its early years under management by the original owners, Data Robotics. As I write the first iteration of this gear guide at the beginning of 2022, Drobo has not launched a new product in over three years. It has also been impossible to buy a Drobo of any kind for at least a year.

In July 2022, Nasa released a breathtaking photo of a young star-forming region of the nearby Carina Nebula. Captured by the agency's new James Webb Space Telescope, the image, which resembles the undulations of mountains and valleys, allows us to see for the first time previously invisible areas of star birth. Our instinct to read the distant stellar spectacle in the terrestrial language of landscapes is hardly new and can be glimpsed in the terrene contours of a 15th-Century Aztec map of the cosmos. The elaborate deerskin diagram places the fire god Xiuhtecuhlti at the celestial map's centre, surrounded by cosmic trees flaring out in all four directions, as if the heavens were an undiscovered forest of sublime symmetry waiting for us to wander and explore.

Under cover of night and illuminated only by the glow of a torch, a raft of asylum-seeking migrants from Central America embark on a dangerous journey to the US in June 2022. While no work of art could ever capture or anticipate the intensity of anguish and emotion that unsettles the poignant scene, the tense nocturnal trek, sculpted from darkness by the impassive torch's bare blare, glimmering off the inky water of the Rio Grande River, in Ciudad Miguel Aleman, Mexico, calls to mind the affecting atmosphere of German Baroque artist Adam Elsheimer's influential portrayal of the Holy Family's fearful moonlit flight from Herod. Elsheimer's oil-on-copper cabinet painting The Flight into Egypt has been hailed as the first naturalistic depiction of the night sky in Renaissance art and was likely the last work that Elsheimer created before he died in 1610, aged just 32.

In July 2022, two supporters of the environmental activist group Just Stop Oil, which demands that the UK government halt new fossil fuel licensing and production, glued themselves to the frame of Romantic artist John Constable's famous landscape The Hay Wain, after covering the surface of the work with a nightmarish parody of the scene. Where the original painting portrays a picturesque scene of horses pulling a wagon across the River Stour in East Anglia, the protestors' dystopian vision depicts the area destroyed by unchecked encroachments on the environment, as low-flying airplanes, abandoned cars, and a sprawling tarmac destroy Constable's dream.

In October 2022, the billionaire businessman Elon Musk shared a video of himself lugging a kitchen sink into the headquarters of the social media platform Twitter, which he had just purchased. Musk attached to the video the punning caption, "let that sink in". It was not, of course, the first time that someone mischievously shoved a hunk of glazed ceramic in the world's face in order to alter the way it perceives cultural communication. When the French avant garde artist Marcel Duchamp, who famously adored chess, tipped a readymade urinal on its side, signed it with the nom de plume "R Mutt", and proposed it as a work of art in 1917, the audacious act was seen as the opening move in a long game that he was playing with the art world. In the end, Duchamp won, by convincing the public that the nature of art is never fixed. How, exactly, Musk's high-stakes match with investors and users of social media ends is anybody's guess.

The decision taken by the US Supreme Court in the summer of 2022 to overturn an earlier ruling it had reached in 1972, when it guaranteed a woman's right to an abortion, was met with passionate protests by pro-choice supporters. The photo of one such activist, Sam Scarcello, who soaked herself in fake blood outside the court on Independence Day, was especially arresting. The implication that the nation's highest court had, by its decision to allow individual states to limit access to abortion, left her bleeding and all but sacrificed on the icy altar of its snow-white steps echoed the dynamics of an early work by the celebrated Serbian conceptual artist Marina Abramovic. In 1975, for her performance piece The Lips of Thomas, Abramovic carved stars into her stomach with a knife while stretched out naked on a block of ice, as if daring anyone from the audience to intervene and stop the pain. No one did.

Sure, it's 2022 and 1080p monitors seem like old news, but they are still relevant and worth the investment. 4K gaming monitors, 1440p models, and now even 8K options are becoming more mainstream and can give you loads of detail in terms of resolution. However, those higher resolutions put a strain on even the best graphics cards and your wallet, too. This means you may miss out on a big piece of game detail: motion. The simple fact is that 1080p is always going to be easier for your computer or console to render than high resolutions, and that means you can get higher frame rates and smoother visuals. That's no small concession.

Investing in 2022 hasn't been easy. Since the beginning of the year, the benchmark S&P 500 lost as much as 24% of its value, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite (^IXIC) shed almost 33% at its peak. Historically high inflation, domestic economic weakness, and heightened geopolitical tension (e.g., Russia invading Ukraine) have all contributed to the S&P 500 and Nasdaq pushing into a bear market.

Something else to consider is the company's remarkably transparent and predictable operating cash flow. Alliance Resource Partners' not-so-subtle secret to success is locking in price and volume commitments up to four years in advance. Well over 90% of the 35.5 million tons to 37 million tons of coal expected to be sold this year has been locked and priced. More importantly, 29 million tons of the company's expected 36.5 million tons to 38 million tons of forecast sales in 2023 are already locked in. With the price of coal soaring in 2022, the company has been able to lock in commitments well above its previous guidance.

The cherry on top is that management has stated its intent to increase the company's distribution by 10% to 15% per quarter throughout 2022. Already yielding 6.6%, Alliance Resource Partners could easily end the year paying out well in excess of 7%.

Samsung has thrown a confusing spanner in the works once again by making its latest 8K high-end TV even better, by a margin, than its excellent 4K flagship for 2022 (the QN95B above). In fact, the QN900B is a truly spectacular viewing experience that continues what feels like an annual Samsung theme of redefining what we consider LCD TVs to be capable of.

Hi, I'm Anna Lane, Reviewed's Parenting Editor and "professional mom". I was a stand-up comedian and freelance writer for many years before joining the staff at Reviewed. I live in Los Angeles with my husband and our two children: a son who is seven-and-a-half, and a daughter who is six. Yes, they are 18 months apart, and no, it was not planned that way. My reviews are informed by my life as a working mom who wishes she had the ability to be in two places at once. I enjoy helping other overwhelmed, exhausted parents find the answers to such burning parenting questions as: Which subscription kits are the most fun? What's the best nerf gun? Why does my child always tell me about important class projects the night before? For this last query, I have no good answer. In our most recent round of testing, my kids and I evaluated the new Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids edition, as well as the Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids edition. This guide was first written by Georgia Kral, whose bio follows.

Prior to joining Reviewed, Lane worked as a freelance writer and editor. Her published bylines include The Washington Post, Refinery29, Playboy, and Romper, among others. A graduate of New York University, Lane previously worked as a touring stand-up comedian, entertaining audiences throughout the United States. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page