top of page

Freedom 515 - Michigan

Public·115 members
Axel Cox
Axel Cox

I Can Read Music, Vol 2: A note reading book for VIOLIN students ebook rar - Learn to Read Music Faster and Easier with Joanne Martin

I Can Read Music, Vol 2: A note reading book for VIOLIN students ebook rar

Introduction

If you are a violin student who wants to improve your note reading skills, you might be interested in this book. I Can Read Music, Vol 2: A note reading book for VIOLIN students is a sequel to the popular Volume 1 by Joanne Martin. It is designed for students who have learned to play using an aural approach such as the Suzuki Method, or for traditionally taught students who need extra note reading practice.

I Can Read Music, Vol 2: A note reading book for VIOLIN students ebook rar

DOWNLOAD: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fvittuv.com%2F2tWJVS&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw0a63jdev-mlGMzHP_GOtIZ

Joanne Martin is a violinist, violist, teacher and composer who has taught at Stanford University and the University of California. She has written many books and materials for string players, including I Can Read Music, Folk Strings, More Folk Strings, Fiddle Time and Fun With Solos.

This book is a great resource for violin students who want to develop their reading skills one stage at a time, with many repetitions at each stage. It is also a fun way to prepare for chamber music, as most pages are set up as duets with equal difficulty.

Features of the book

This book is different from Volume 1 in several ways. First, it reviews and combines rhythm and pitch, which were taught separately in Volume 1. Second, it introduces other time signatures and keys, using additional finger patterns in first position. Third, it uses fragments of familiar melodies throughout the book, which help students recognize musical symbols and patterns.

The book covers the following main topics:

• The C Major Scale and Key Signature

• The G Major Scale and Key Signature

• The F Major Scale and Key Signature

• The D Major Scale and Key Signature

• The A Major Scale and Key Signature

• The B-flat Major Scale and Key Signature

• The E Major Scale and Key Signature

• Time Signatures: 3/4, 6/8, Cut Time and Compound Time

• Rhythmic Patterns: Dotted Notes, Syncopations, Triplets and Sixteenth Notes

• Musical Symbols: Dynamics, Articulations, Slurs and Ties

The exercises in the book are designed to be easy-to-read, progressive and repetitive. They are divided into four sections:

• Warm-ups: These are short exercises that review previous material and introduce new concepts.

• Rhythm Reading: These are exercises that focus on rhythmic accuracy and counting out loud. They use the Twinkle Variations from the Suzuki Violin School Volume I as a basis.

• Note Reading: These are exercises that combine rhythm and pitch in various keys and time signatures. They use fragments of familiar melodies or original tunes.

• Duets: These are exercises that can be played with a partner or a teacher. They are arranged in two parts of equal difficulty.

Benefits of the book

This book has many benefits for violin students who want to improve their note reading skills. Here are some of them:

• It develops a student's ability to hear music in their heads when they see the printed page. This is essential for expressive playing and sight reading.

• It prepares students for chamber music by teaching them how to play duets with another string player. This also enhances their listening skills and musicality.

• It helps students recognize musical symbols and patterns by using fragments of familiar melodies throughout the book. This also makes the exercises more enjoyable and memorable.

• It reinforces finger patterns in first position by using different keys and scales. This also improves intonation and tone quality.

• It trains students to count out loud while reading by using various rhythmic patterns and time signatures. This also improves rhythmic accuracy and stability.

How to use the book

To use this book effectively, you need to have some prerequisites. You should have completed Volume 1 of I Can Read Music or have some previous music reading experience. You should also have a minimum playing level equivalent to the end of Suzuki Violin School Volume I.

To practice the duets with a partner or a teacher, you need two copies of the book or one copy that can be shared on a music stand. You should decide who plays which part before starting. You should also agree on a tempo and count together before playing.

To count out loud while reading, you need to be able to walk the pulse while playing and count out loud while playing a simple review piece. You should use numbers or syllables (such as ta or ti) to count each beat or subdivision. You should also use visual grouping of beats by pointing to the beginning of each beat while singing (using note names or la).

Conclusion

In conclusion, I Can Read Music, Vol 2: A note reading book for VIOLIN students is a valuable book for violin students who want to improve their note reading skills. It is written by Joanne Martin, a renowned violinist, teacher and composer. It covers various topics such as keys, scales, time signatures, rhythmic patterns and musical symbols. It also uses fragments of familiar melodies and duets to make the exercises more interesting and fun.

If you are looking for a way to develop your reading skills one stage at a time, with many repetitions at each stage, this book is for you. It will help you hear music in your head when you see the printed page, prepare you for chamber music, help you recognize musical symbols and patterns, reinforce finger patterns in first position and train you to count out loud while reading.

You can buy this book as an ebook rar file from various online sources. An ebook rar file is a compressed file that contains one or more ebooks in different formats (such as PDF or EPUB). To open it, you need a software program that can extract rar files (such as WinRAR or 7-Zip). Once you extract it, you can read it on your computer or device using an ebook reader (such as Adobe Reader or Calibre).

FAQs

• What is an ebook rar file and how to open it?

An ebook rar file is a compressed file that contains one or more ebooks in different formats (such as PDF or EPUB). To open it, you need a software program that can extract rar files (such as WinRAR or 7-Zip). Once you extract it, you can read it on your computer or device using an ebook reader (such as Adobe Reader or Calibre).

• What are some other books by Joanne Martin?

Some other books by Joanne Martin are I Can Read Music Volume I, Folk Strings, More Folk Strings, Fiddle Time and Fun With Solos. You can find them on Amazon or other online stores.

• How long does it take to complete the book?

The length of time it takes to complete the book depends on your level of proficiency and practice habits. However, you can expect to spend at least several weeks or months working on this book.

• Can I use the book with other methods of violin teaching?

Yes, you can use the book with other methods of violin teaching, as long as you have a solid foundation in playing by ear and in first position. The book is compatible with any method that uses the same finger patterns and scales as the Suzuki Method.

Other books by Joanne Martin

If you enjoyed this book, you might want to check out some other books by Joanne Martin. She has written many books and materials for string players of all levels and styles. Here are some of them:

• I Can Read Music Volume I: This is the first book in the series of music reading books for violin students. It teaches rhythm and pitch separately, using simple exercises and games.

• Folk Strings: This is a collection of folk tunes from around the world, arranged for string orchestra or quartet. It includes parts for violin, viola, cello and bass.

• More Folk Strings: This is a sequel to Folk Strings, with more folk tunes from different countries and regions. It also includes parts for violin, viola, cello and bass.

• Fiddle Time: This is a series of books for violin students who want to learn how to play fiddle music. It includes tunes from various styles and traditions, such as bluegrass, Celtic, jazz and klezmer.

• Fun With Solos: This is a series of books for violin students who want to play solo pieces with piano accompaniment. It includes classical and contemporary pieces of different levels and moods.

You can find these books on Amazon or other online stores. You can also visit Joanne Martin's website at www.joannemartinmusic.com for more information about her work.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page